PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My 12year old computer finally died. I'm now using my wife's computer which is newer and has had much less use. My old computer had the google search site for the forums. I can't find the info here on this site or figure out how to get it on this computer. Does anyone have the link and can post it here?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I believe a member here figured out a google search site for use pertaining to the forums here. Pipes magazine's search feature doesn't always find what you want. The google search for this forum works much better, in fact I think that many here used it and liked having that option. I thought it was listed here on this site, but I can't find it.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Try entering this into the Google search bar:

Pipesmagazine Topic

An example:

Pipesmagazine Rusticated vs Sandblast

It's not really a separate website. Just an efficient way to use Google to perform a form specific search

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
While not ideal, the site's regular search bar is decent and allows searches by forum member on my tablet (but not phone).

The biggest issue is no 3 letter word searches, but it has served me well for pipes, tobacco, words and phrases (if quotation marks are used, and locating a comment I recall a certain member making (@JOHN72 will forever make me smile with "I'll kick your ass, like a fresh cauliflower" since it is such a pure, comical, and emotional quote).

You can also search threads you've created or posted in using a separate search function on the site.

Also, I believe @woodsroad created a Google search program, the link to which is in the recent C.S. Lewis thread (my link skills by phone are terrible, so forgive me).

Reactions: woodsroad