Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'd like to thank our esteemed, long-time member, Winton for submitting this idea. (I didn't know what HOA stood for at first, but then I realized it is: Home Owner's Association.)
3-725.jpg

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
rofl nice...
When i smoke inside so far, I have to have a small fan close to the sliding glass door to help assist the smoke out

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I love it when one of my suggestions is enacted! Sorry for the housing abbreviation. I work in mortgage and every industry has their own shorthand.
Winton.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I live in a development and have an HOA, they can be some weird people, but for the most part it is for the benefit of the property owner. I walk all over smoking my pipe and it is allowed. It says no smoking at the pool, but everyone does anyway. I have a neighbor 3 doors down who thinks he is the parking police, I just ignore him.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
:rofl: I can relate, wifey is going through the change, and now she can't stand the smells.. Have to smoke outside as I don't have a chimney...

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
it was all fun and games until the wife started a darn eBay clothes business.. now the cat got shaved, and the dog and I have been tossed out cold..

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Baraon, it isn't like that. There are serious benefits to having an HOA, no one can do anything to their property that would bring the value down. No one is parking boats and rv's in their driveways. My home will appreciate faster and higher than a home not in a development. The rules are for the benefit of each property owner and protects against some a hole painting his house purple or turning his driveway and garage into a mechanics shop. No one can tell you what you can do inside your own home. I smoke on my lanai and my neighbors cannot say shit, not that they ever wood. What people have to worry about is condo associations that are turning entire buildings non smoking. Those a holes need to be shot.
The HOA fee I pay is dirt cheap for what I get. Clay Tennis courts lighted, full court lighted basketball, full gym, gorgeous pool, lawn care, tree care, basic cable,beautiful club house. I gladly pay the number they want.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not going to let my wife see that! She'll have me in the basement with my head in the fireplace-with a fire going!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm not going to let my wife see that! She'll have me in the basement with my head in the fireplace-with a fire going!
Sound advice. I'm lucky enough that I get to smoke in our basement rec room, but I'm looking at my fireplace right now and there's no way the wife is seeing this cartoon either!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
They can also fine you and put a lien on your property if you don't pay. Yours may be OK but there are some really bad ones, too. If you intend to sell the property, I can see where it would be a benefit, though. I'm really a move miles from nowhere, have a long driveway and a scoped rifle kind of a guy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.