PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Having missed the deadline for the secret Santa, a very kind gent from Canada enquired after my address, & sent off a parcel containing various tobaccos & an unsmoked lovely Canadian pipe. How nice is that? Always had a soft spot for Canada. Ever since I had an extremely enjoyable & passionate affair with a very pretty young Canadian girl, many years ago,whilst travelling through Europe. I even went over there on a surprise visit, much to her delight, & the total dismay & disgust of her younger brother. Anyway, I digress. So happy am I with my gift from 'the great white north' I'm going buy myself a lumberjack shirt, find a bar here that sells labatts(whatever happened to molson extra dry?) & go & sing the praises of that wonderful country & my new found buddy. Thankyou Canada, Thankyou davet, good show! Or should I say fu..ing A!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
That's bleeding deadly as we say round my way. Fair play davet.

I would also like to express my thanks to Canada for taking in so many of our migrants after we banjaxed the place in '08.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea I love Rush, Neil Pearl is the best drummer God created.
Davet must be a kind gentleman, bravo! Great friendships are formed on this site.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
What an awesome gesture of friendship. My ever present faith in humanity has been given another +1 skill boost.
Always had a soft spot for Canada.
I have always thought of Canada being a nice protective layer for the States soft spot. :P

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I too am a fan of Canada. I live close enough to the border that I often go out for dinner in Windsor, Ont. A substantial population of recent Italian immigrants makes for 3 or 4 great restaurants. The strong dollar and Canadian low mark ups on wine in restaurants makes it well worth dealing with US border patrol on the way back

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
about 20 years ago, I went on a climbing expedition in the Canadian Rockies (Bugaboo Glacier). Beautiful place. Also a very warm and kind people in my experience.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I have always thought of Canada being a nice protective layer for the States soft spot.
Jnder, it's the poutine.
I have a large soft spot that poutine has contributed to :rofl:

I always look forward to Simon's posts even when they're at my expense and didn't want to see him miss out on all the fun. The generosity of this odd bunch almost renews my faith in humanity and keeps me coming back. :clap:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well played, Davet!
Simon, for the love of... even WE don't drink Labatts or Molson. Now Moosehead on the other hand....
-- Pat

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Moosehead is that the that gets passed through the moose prior to bottling?

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Davet I'm also grateful to Canada for sharing this little number

http://www.molsoncanadian.ie/en/index

8O

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
Simon, for the love of... even WE don't drink Labatts or Molson. Now Moosehead on the other hand....
Hey now... back in my drinking days it was Molson Export or Labatt 50, so some of us still drink the good stuff! :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey now... back in my drinking days it was Molson Export or Labatt 50, so some of us still drink the good stuff! :)
Guelph is now selling their remaining 50 and Sailboats to Nestle with the rest of their reservoir for the production of Nestle Waters.
:wink:
-- Pat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true. I like the place, and I like the people. Much to be admired and imitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.