PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Here's a random thought:
What tobacco have you encountered that you absolutely love, but when asked to describe it you just can't compare it to anything you smoked before? No matter how hard you try the words just don't flow. All you know that it was a match made in heaven in your book!
For me so far is H&H Anniversary Kake. Just got my hands on some from P&C as a sample a day or so ago and all I can say is. . . WOW! 8O
Love to hear your comments. Thanks Fam!

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Bill Bailey's Balkan is like that for me. I smoke C&D pirate kake or da vinci because they have at least 70 to 75% latakia in them. I would love to know how Bill Bailey's Balkan uses 40% and does what it does with the taste. It has that wow to me. :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think it's great that you're a "thinking smoker", Eric! :clap:

You might find G L Pease's article interesting: "Don’t Think of a Purple Giraffe"

I have found that my ability to verbalize tastes increases with each attempt I make.

It's kind of like art or musicianship, the more I practice the better I get at relating my experiences.

It's better on some days than others.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I still can't quite place what I like about GLP Westminster. To me, it's a very straightforward English blend, which is actually one factor, but there's something else to it besides having a lot of rich flavor and body.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Yep still wish I knew what it was that I like about Black Cordial. If anyone can tell me that would be great!

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Mac baren dark twist is one of my favorite blends, if smoked right it has a clean "water" taste to it. I have never tasted anything like that before and have no clue what in the blend makes it taste this way to me and have never heard the comparison from anyone else so I would say it's my mystery blend.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Be warned eazye the blend is known to bite, and I have never heard anyone else describe the blend that way, it's remarkable how much the nuance flavors depend on the chemical balance/ph level of your mouth. You'll most likely get a sweet virgina with a "plum" type perq taste or scorched mouth. That seems to be the norm. If you want though I can send you a sample.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Be warned eazye the blend is known to bite
I know Mac Baren is know for the bite. 7seas was the first tobacco I smoked when I got into pipe smoking 2 years ago.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks Rothnh! You are so correct. It is different from other Va/Per blends. That's one of the reasons I started the post because Anniversary Kake inspired me to do so. A class of it's own! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.