Can you guys smoke a full bowl without drinking something?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh sure. I don't think it's a test of expertise or hardiness to try to smoke a pipe without a beverage, but I always do, specifically because I'm almost always walking around outside while I smoke, and I'm not coordinated enough to drink, smoke, and walk at the same time.
That said, a nice VaPer and a cup of coffee is darn near a perfect combo, so I have nothing against drinking and smoking, I just normally don't because of the logistics involved.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
I could but no reason why not to. The only time I don't drink.something.while having a pipe is while walking the dog, or if i'm on a long car ride and I ran out of something to drink.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
If I'm working, no problem.

If I'm just kicking back with a relaxing smoke, I do prefer to have a beverage as well, I think it adds to the experience!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I can with no problem, but if smoking I'm usually where I don't have/need anything, or else where it's not practical. Jim Inks & a lot of others prefer "water & bergs," they seem to get enhanced pleasure out of the tobacco that way. Me, I'm happy with it just as, er, "God intended it." :)

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Thru years of trial and error, I finally found a good simple hydration system while smoking a pipe.
Coffee by day, Irish coffee by night.
8O

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I can for sure. I don’t regularly, however. I typically drink black coffee or ice water when piping, unless I’m doing yard work or something.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I have been drinking time-of-day specific tea with my pipe. An English breakfast tea or earl grey with my english blends in the morning. A spiced or chai tea with my aromatics or mid-day. Lastly, some bed time tea with a heavy English (Nightcap if it a special occasion) before bed. I can do without but I found these pairings to work well for me. I found that it enhances my smoking experience so why not!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
water & bergs
I was trying to remember his name for it Bill, thanks!
Shonuff, brother!
I have to admit that coffee, yeah, but I'd never have thought of tea if y'all hadn't mentioned it. Probably just because I'm not a big tea drinker, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.