PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

GlidingGonzo

Lurker
Nov 13, 2020
Hey guys, big time lurker here that mostly uses this forum for old pipe repair threads that are relevant to work I'm currently doing. I just noticed when loading up a page today a white page with "403 Forbidden". At first I thought maybe it was because I'm in Canada or something but I set my VPN to Canada and am able to access the forums. Just thought I'd post and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
I used to have that problem when using my mobiles data stream, but not with wi-fi. A couple of weeks ago I started being able to use my mobile signal without needing to use a VPN. My service provider must have removed the site from its adult content blacklist. It's likely that your service provider has done the opposite.

Reactions: BROBS and jpmcwjr

GlidingGonzo

Lurker
Nov 13, 2020
Interesting, didn't know it was on the ISP's end. That seems very weird for them to do that. Luckily I have Surf Shark on all my devices and it runs just as quick so I'll just continue using that. Thanks for the replies. :)

Reactions: Duck and BROBS

silviastar

Lurker
Jun 20, 2022
Some sites block access to their information for devices that are connected to public networks. This is a normal practice lately. Using VPN can solve this problem, but personally it is inconvenient for me to use it, so I increasingly resorted to using Turkish proxy. For me, this is the most convenient and cheapest option. After all, the functionality of proxy servers is enough to do my job. Therefore, using my experience, I can advise you to use it. Good luck to you!

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
For sure. How is the wifi out on the Prarie? Are they still using spitoons as routers?
The gubment doesn’t pretend to spend money on it up here.
The problem in NYC (again) is dollars spent versus satisfaction derived.
Edited to add, we still own an apartment in Manhattan, and for the last fifteen years we’ve been there I think things have been going downhill.

Jan 27, 2020
The gubment doesn’t pretend to spend money on it up here.
The problem in NYC (again) is dollars spent versus satisfaction derived.
Edited to add, we still own an apartment in Manhattan, and for the last fifteen years we’ve been there I think things have been going downhill.

Well I'm happy with our rehtstablized place, costs less than a lot of people's maintence fees who own theirs outright, especially comparable places with doormen and laundry in the building. Anyhoo, I didn't know you were once a city dweller.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Well I'm happy with our rehtstablized place, costs less than a lot of people's maintence fees who own theirs outright, especially comparable places with doormen and laundry in the building. Anyhoo, I didn't know you were once a city dweller.
Oh yes. Broadway and 77th.
Got another one a few years ago, 97th and CPW.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff