PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Venting here because some lucky person is going to find a Dunhill Shilling and a few ferndowns for practically nothing. The seller won’t ship because he owes PayPal business money. He’s located across the country. Don’t reach out to me asking where because it was easy enough for me to find. Just would love to have had those in the collection for the price they are going at. Yep, good ole fashion venting…maybe whining. Lol.

• Angry
Reactions: OzPiper
I had a similar experience on a 1960 Dunhill Prince which completed my Birth Year collection of favorite shapes in Root Briar, Dead Roots. I contacted the seller directly and we worked it out, outside the eBay framework. Of course, I had purchased several pipes form this seller and trusted him as he did me so it was at least as smooth a transaction as if it had gone through eBay.

Surely this person will accept Paypal outside eBay so you would have basically the same protection as if it went through eBay, which is basically none but I begin to digress. Don't get me started... puffy

Reactions: bayareabriar

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those are called the ones that got away. Don't obsess on them, or they will get better and better in your mind. Not to be sour grapes, but they may have only been so-so. You will never know, so let 'em go. It's like the girl you wanted to marry in eighth grade.

Reactions: bayareabriar