PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Thanks to a Somali restaurant nearby, I got my fix of bariis iskukaris with real camel meat today. I got hooked on this dish when I was stationed in Mogadishu. For those who don’t know or wish to try this, camel meat is very tender and delicious. I generally don’t eat there as I get “nervous” with my PTSD, but when the hankering gets really bad, one must needs...

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Good to know, but I’ll stick w/the cow, pig, chicken... I’ve also eaten game creatures, but never found them to be any better. I think it ultimately comes down to how it’s prepared, whatever it is...

Reactions: JOHN72

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thought camels were made for humping?
Would that make a bactrian a three way?

BACTRIAN-CAMELS.jpg

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Good to know, but I’ll stick w/the cow, pig, chicken... I’ve also eaten game creatures, but never found them to be any better. I think it ultimately comes down to how it’s prepared, whatever it is...
My experience has been a little different. I consistently find game meat to be better and more flavorful than American farmed meats. I think the variety in the diet and a “free range” lifestyle is part of the reason.
Haven’t had camel before but I’d definitely try it. I’ll try pretty much anything.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I prefer pork over everything else, but I'll eat anything hunted for the principle of feeding myself. I'll admit some things are better than others. Like, I don't get why someone would prefer mallard over coot. I'll give camel a try.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
I tried camel a few times when I was in the Middle East. It was good, especially after days eating nothing but overcooked goat.

I’ll eat just about anything- the one time I tried dog, it was tough and I didn’t really like it. I don’t think I’ve had cat, but I did eat at some sketchy places in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.