PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hey guys, found this pipe in a friend's collection. I am a bit reserved as the stem repair may not be done in Romania, but the pipe looks pre ww2, as far as I can tell. Can anybody help identify it? (size 6, straigh button, 1928? ? ) if the stem were not chewed up like that, it would have made for a great personal restoration project ! Any clue how much they run?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Nice find! How does she smoke? Can you do all right with the stem like that? It might fit and feel fine, though lacking in looks, that bit.

Reactions: madox07

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd guess that will clean up beautifully. The bit could be repaired by a pro, but you want a Dunhill maestro who will charge accordingly, or this may be a case where a softie is your friend. I'm not a Dunhill guy; I want pipes not investments in pipes, but I do appreciate the items themselves.

Reactions: madox07

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Nice find! How does she smoke? Can you do all right with the stem like that? It might fit and feel fine, though lacking in looks, that bit.

I haven't bought it yet ... my friend is pondering whether he should restore it and keep it, restore it and resell it, or just sell it as is hoping to break eve, while I was thinking to buy it as is and restore it myself, except for the bit part ... that is well above my expertise. I will keep you posted to how this ends up..

Reactions: jttnk and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.