PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Calling All Falcon Lovers: two extraordinary solid gold Falcons with real Amber stems are known to be in existence. They are hallmarked London 1976 9 carat gold and the makers stamp is Johnson Matthey & Co.
This pipe resold in August 2004 and is currently in England:
34srrlf.jpg

13yie5h.jpg

A second solid gold Falcon has also surfaced in England in a presentation box with 6 spare unsmoked meerschaum lined bowls:
k3rhoi.jpg

The certifcate reads:
This solid gold Falcon - designed as a collectors piece - may be smoked in the same way as the traditional Falcon for cool, pleasurable smoking
The detachable bowl can be removed by unscrewing from the stem unit and any condensate wiped from the spherical base of the humidome. Extra briar bowls are available in a variety of shapes should you wish to add to your collection
THE FALCON PIPE GROUP LIMITED BRENTFORD MIDDLESEX ENGLAND
Continuing on the righthand side:
THE FALCON PIPE GROUP present the most distinguished smoking pipe in the world.
Fashioned in solid gold with a mouthpiece of real amber and the bowl carved from old and mellow briar, lined with block meerschaum
Made in the best tradition of British craftsmanship and hall marked at the Assay Office, Goldsmiths Hall in the City of London
25s7dhh.jpg

Here is a newsprint ad from when the pipes were available for sale in April 1977:
2008yew.jpg

For Sale or Trade?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That is my worst nightmare! A pipe smoked by a Bond villain with a flat cap and a heavy Yorkshire accent who feeds his enemies to pit full full of ferrets! You could just see it in the Yorkshire version of Goldfinger with Bond about to be cut in half by a bacon butty slicer as opposed to the laser
"You expect me to talk Goldfinger?"
"Nay lad. I expects you ta die while I cut up tis plug for my golden pipe".

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I was just getting ready to write up my "WTT for" ad for the forum buy/sell thread. Am I too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.