PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Stumbled across a B&M that still has Durbar, Ready Rubbed and either Stand Mixture or London Mixture in stock (I forget which one exactly). I know these are not the most popular but I am sure they have their fans out there. If you are looking to grab any of these that still have a Dunhill label and not a Peterson label give them a call. The store is called Happy Jacks Cigar, Pipe and Tobacco Shop and the number is 603.528.4092.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
hehe, I smoked Oriental Square and Piccadilly Circus both yesterday actually. Unfortunately I can't compare them against the London and Durbar, cause I have those in a safe place and have never tried them. :LOL:

Reactions: BROBS

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I was excited about the McConnell heritage blends when they were first released and bought a number of tins. So far the ones I've tried (Shakespeare and Paddington) have been disappointing. The virginia's don't remind me much of those used in old Dunhill or the current Peterson. I can see why people want the vintage tins.

Also, good luck with Happy Jacks. I placed a phone order with them last year and never received it.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Site sponser GQ Tobaccos still has 221b Baker Street & Ye Olde Signe in stock which I don't think are on the list of Peterson blends.

Ye Olde Signe is worth having for those interested in straight VA. It's a favorite of mine. And there is no substitute blend that's close. Peterson isn't making it and the McConnell heritage version is pretty lackluster.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I have tried several of the McConnells. They are quality tobaccos but, do not “match” their intended Dunhill ”twin”. Some Sutliff Matches come much closer to older Dunhill versions and some are better than current iterations.

Reactions: BROBS and logs

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I have tried several of the McConnells. They are quality tobaccos but, do not “match” their intended Dunhill ”twin”. Some Sutliff Matches come much closer to older Dunhill versions and some are better than current iterations.

Which ones have you tried?

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.