PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
I just spent an excellent hour with my favourite pipe, Peterson Irish made army 86, and a big mug of esspresso. The combination was definitely worth a try. I think esspresso was better for my stomach than an ordinary coffee, though I always prefer very dark roast anyway.
This is just an impression, but I think I feel less tired after both a pipe and a mug of coffee, than after just a mug. I always drink coffee after a good meal, and after that comes sleepiness. I suppose nicotine is making itself known.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
You ever been to Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans??
Worth the whole trip just to go there for coffee and beignets.
Oh and I don't know about nicotine or caffeine helping the other, but the two go hand in hand for me. I don't smoke with out caffeine, and I don't drink caffeine with out smoking. I don't do anything without either....im just always drinking coffee or Mt dew and smoking. Always smoking.
Back in the mid-1980s, my first real job was working for a federal trial judge in the court house at 500 Camp Street as a "law clerk." Since I'd gone to a fancy law school where one didn't bother with the grubby business of learning very much actual law, for me it was less a 9-5 job and more 8am-10pm six days a week. The only real problem with this was that most good restaurants in the French Quarter closed very promptly at 10pm. Cafe Du Monde, however, was open 24/7. And thus, for the better part of two years, my dinner, 2-4 nights a week, seated alone at an outside table, consisted of coffee, a glass of milk, and an order of beignets.

As for caffeine and nicotine, still regarded as the breakfast of champions in this household.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I think the nicotine from pipe smoking is negligible. I will say that sometimes a pipe and a cup of coffee can be a great combination, depending on whether they complement each other based on how you prepare your coffee and what blend you're smoking. This is true of any beverage, though.

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
I start the day with each, and I enjoy the pair together throughout the day. I started drinking coffee before I could walk, of course then it was mostly cream. Now I only drink it black.

Reactions: BROBS