PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I was gifted an oz of this luscious nectar from one of our forum members. Last night , i gave it a go. WOW! I love this blend.

Right up front , I got notes of sweetness from the Virginia's and then POW! It was like eating my favorite Thai food . Sweet and spicy all at the same time. At that point TAD hit and i quickly ordered 2 tins. This was my first experience with a VaPer . I am definitely hooked . This is going to be my main focus for my cellar ( At least until i get yelled at by my wife).

My cellar is very meager at the moment , only about 10 jars. But this is a blend i never want to run out of. If you have never tried this , i highly recommend you do!

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I really enjoyed this blend, but I got to the point that I couldn't handle the perique any longer. In fact I no longer buy any blends that contain perique, no matter what the amount is, because my throat dries out and I begin coughing really bad.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Great stuff. Comes in bulk and ages well too. AND makes a good ciggie.

If you like Bayou Morning, check out trying the D&R (Daughters and Ryan) Rimboche line. No casing, no flavorings, just natural straight up old school baccy goodness. Mark Ryan is also an owner of LA Rimboche, the small company responsible for supplying the pipe tobacco world with perique ;-)

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’m sitting on a jar of Bayou Night from I think ‘98. Shortly after that I grew somewhat tired of Latakia blends in favor of Perique.

I wish that jar was Bayou Morning instead......

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I bought Bayou Morning first, thinking I'd buy Bayou Night if I liked it....never did buy the Bayou Night....I got enough latakia in the house. I can always add some to "Morning" but I like it as it is.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bayou Night had some harsh edge when I bought it years ago, when C&D was in Morganton, N.C., but the current version is full-strength but sweeter and more mellow, to me. I'd like to try the Bayou Morning, but I have quite a stash of some really good Va/Per, and I am a (very) moderate smoker, so my use is in slow motion.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Currently smoking through a tin of the Flake. I find the flavor a bit cigar-like and the nic hit can catch me off guard. I have a tin in the cellar with at least a couple of years on it, so I'll come back to it in a few more years. In my situation it doesn't qualify for repurchase. Not bad, just not great.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'd been smoking nothing but latakia blends for some time now and got the urge to get a VaPer again to mix things up. But wanted 1 with a bit more perique oomph than PS LBF. So, just tried this and am quite happy with it. Just the right proportion of perique for me.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Bayou Morning Flake was the first VaPer I ever bought, and man is that good stuff! The raisiny aroma is intense, and it certainly has quite a spicy kick! Lately I’ve been cutting it with 2 to 1 measures of BMF and a straight Virginia to mellow out the spice a bit, it’s quite enjoyable that way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.