PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I've been smoking through a sample of Yorktown and really enjoyed it, but it is making me wish it came in flake from. I guess I'm just partial to flake.
Anyone make their own?

samw74

Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
Coincidentally, I plan to make a plug version of Yorktown. I recently purchased a noodle press from Amazon. I use to make plugs. So far I’ve made a plug from Full Virginia Flake (2019) and Sutliff 515 (Matured VA). I’m quite impressed with the results. Here’s the link if your interested:
https://www.amazon.com/Newcreativetop-Stainless-Manual-Noodles-Machine/dp/B019P8B1PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=noodle+press&qid=1565363485&s=gateway&sprefix=noodle+press&sr=8-6

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I've seen the noodle press method floating around lately, and it's interesting, esp. for home-grown. But as for me, I'm perfectly happy smoking Yorktown the way the blender intended it to be smoked.
And I have a hunch that C&D has some bulk VA flake which would be real similar to a flake version of Yorktown.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, it is great as is. Their flake bulk selection is severely lacking though.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if, say, some of the Simply Elegant series flakes were available in bulk? The closest I've found is Derringer (stoved bright VA, if I'm not mistaken), which is kind of a ready-rubbed with some flaky bits. It's very straightforward, but I really like it - one of my go-to set it and forget it blends.
But Yorktown plugs?! You got me, Sam. That's it, I'm going to finally break down and order a noodle press. My other plan is an FVF/SJF (a mixture I never contemplated until I think it was Jay mentioned smoking it) plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.