PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
This is not a proper review, as I have only had a few bowls of this so far. I usually only like to review something after I’ve had at least a couple ounces. However, wow! C&D has so many blends, it’s inevitable that some fly under the radar. This blend was one of those for me.

What I can say:
This is definitely one of those blends where the individual components have a synergistic effect. I can taste the presence of each component (red Virgina, burley, and unsweetened black Cavendish made from Green River Burley) individually, but they combine in such a way that they give an almost “boozey” overall flavor. The first taste I had of this, I thought there might’ve been a brown liquor topping like whiskey or cognac, but it is just the individual leafs playing with each other. It tastes like it’s the combination of the reds and the Cavendish that are mostly responsible for it.
You Pegasus lovers might try this one as a change of pace. It is easy-going, and I think it could make an all day smoke without getting too boring. I’ve read comparisons to Rattray’s Dark Fragrant, but I’ve never had the Rattray product, so I can’t comment on the accuracy of that statement. I think even those that aren’t crazy about burleys might enjoy this one.
It’s available in bulk, so if you’re interested, maybe add an ounce to try to your next order.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Supposedly back in the black powder days, it was common for frontiersmen to season their meat with gunpowder
Yes, I've read it was used as a preservative, as one of the main ingredients is saltpeter (potassium nitrate), which was one of the main meat preservatives for years. I wonder what gunpowder jerky would taste like?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
"I’m a 28-year-old male, and I’ve never had much of a sex drive. I recently learned from a family member that my mother, believing it curbed sexual appetite, dosed my brother and me with a spoonful or two of saltpeter each day "
Instead of a" LIKE " button, maybe we should have a "LIMP" button... rotf cray rotf cray

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I tend to like the C&D blends on the stronger end of the spectrum, like Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, Tuggle Hall, Bayou Night, and Stratfordshire. C&D does good things with burley, something for most if not everyone.
This one is very mild. But I’m perhaps a bad judge of nicotine. I’ve given at least one member the spins by sending him a sample of something I thought was pretty innocuous. ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.