PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
In 2019 I first tried C&D Visions of Celephais. I opened the tin, jarred it, smoked about 10 bowls, and forgot about it. It was good. I liked the grape sauce with the Katsuri leaf. I’m not a big aromatic smoker, so I never really gravitated back to VOC. Until today. So here’s the review…..

A wisp of incense from the monastery at Leng. Exotic spice from the City of Ulthar. Wine fermented by the ageless Kuranes himself. Only in timeless Celephaïs could these esoteric ingredients be procured. A ritual performed over a bed of red and bright Virginia, with hints of dark fired leaf and Kasturi results in an otherworldly aroma that beckons all dreamers back to Celephaïs.

Well that’s pretty much it. The grape has subsided giving the mixture more of a wine quality and VOC is exactly like the tin description describes it. Awesome stuff that has come into its own. Age this one.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Haven't tried this one yet... Will have to add it to my list. Been meaning to try Mad Fiddler Flake from this series as well... I mostly enjoyed Dreams of Kadath. Credit to Jeremy Reeves and crew... They're not afraid to try something different.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
While I will say it is definitely the most unique leaf I've tried, it was also the most horrible. You say the grape has subsided and that temps me to try it again (I still have the tin). Unfortunately, it also permanently ghosted my freehand cob and I'm afraid of it doing the same to another poor unsuspecting cob. Even after 100+ smokes of pretty much all types of leaf, I can still taste that damned grape in the background.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
While I will say it is definitely the most unique leaf I've tried, it was also the most horrible. You say the grape has subsided and that temps me to try it again (I still have the tin). Unfortunately, it also permanently ghosted my freehand cob and I'm afraid of it doing the same to another poor unsuspecting cob. Even after 100+ smokes of pretty much all types of leaf, I can still taste that damned grape in the background.
Well, it sounds like you now have a dedicated Visions of Celephais pipe! ?
I’ve only had it slightly aged, not fresh. My tins that came from SP already had a couple years on them. Pretty “grapey,” even with two or three years on it in my opinion, but I like it. ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.