PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Got a tin of this in a swap about 5 years ago......smoked it......thought....meh .............ok....a little unusual but nothing special..........a bit odd and cluttered actually.

I have opened the jar a couple of times had a bowl.......and thought the same.

Roll on another couple of years and WOW...........what a change......what an interesting smoke.

Only problem is I will now order another few tins .....but have to wait 4 or 5 years!!

I know its not a blend that is talked about much but has anyone had a similar result with it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll be damned. I never expected to see Riverboat Gambler discussed. I had a tin of that, well aged, that I smoked about five years back. I mentioned it from time to time, but no one responded. It was like, Hmmm, never heard of that one. Yes, it is distinctive, definitely needs some age, and has somehow hung on in the C&D inventory despite little attention. I can highly recommend it ... again ... after some years. I'm a curator of oddball blends.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I'll be damned. I never expected to see Riverboat Gambler discussed. I had a tin of that, well aged, that I smoked about five years back. I mentioned it from time to time, but no one responded. It was like, Hmmm, never heard of that one. Yes, it is distinctive, definitely needs some age, and has somehow hung on in the C&D inventory despite little attention. I can highly recommend it ... again ... after some years. I'm a curator of oddball blends.
I plan on ordering a couple more.... with a 5 year cellar plan. It is a bit of an oddball though....and your right it certainly needs age!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm not really in a position to buy tins of blends I've never tried with the intention of aging. Guess I'll have to hope I enjoy it a bit more fresh than you guys.... And if not, well, into the jar it goes.

Reactions: kcghost
Status
Not open for further replies.