PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Smoking Pipes certainly ships fast. Ordered this to try for the first time day before Thanksgiving and arrived today. Predominant flavor is woodsy incense-like orientals with a grassy, hay-like Virginia flavor in support. The perique provides a notable peppery presence. Good blend that I would order again. Also ordered the Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 match to try too and will check that out tonight.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Smoking Pipes certainly ships fast. Ordered this to try for the first time day before Thanksgiving and arrived today. Predominant flavor is woodsy incense-like orientals with a grassy, hay-like Virginia flavor in support. The perique provides a notable peppery presence. Good blend that I would order again. Also ordered the Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 match to try too and will check that out tonight.
You would probably like Orion's Arrow as well.?

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
You recommended that for me and I bought a good of ounces. Good call, it is quite good.

Orion’s Arrow is one of my favorite Va/Pers. IIRC the perique content is rather high, but it sure goes well with the Turkish/oriental. Took it a bit but it grew on me. Fantastic for me right when it’s just a bit cool outside. Not jacket weather cool, just before that.

I’m pretty sure it’s a C&D bulk, no?

ETA: This thread means I’ll need to try Oriental Silk :)

Reactions: Chasing Embers

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I ordered the bulk, liked it a lot a well balanced smoke.I will re order.
Went to order more about a week ago and it wasn't in stock. It is my current favorite blend. So, opted to buy what looks to be a close cousin to try for the first time, Orion's Arrow.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Went to order more about a week ago and it wasn't in stock. It is my current favorite blend. So, opted to buy what looks to be a close cousin to try for the first time, Orion's Arrow.
Any thoughts on the Orion’s Arrow? I am curious as I quite enjoyed Oriental Silk and Embers’ and Hoosier’s recommendations make me more so.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Any thoughts on the Orion’s Arrow? I am curious as I quite enjoyed Oriental Silk and Embers’ and Hoosier’s recommendations make me more so.
Both excellent, bagged up pound of each probably a year ago, still working on the jars:)

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

If you like Oriental Silk, I think you'll like Orion's Arrow. Possibly better. The perique in Orion's Arrow is more of a condiment, at least to me. You should order a few ounces to try.

Reactions: krizzose
Status
Not open for further replies.