9 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
48 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

maxx

Preferred Member
Apr 10, 2015
I’ve read that this is similar to Nightcap, which is why I ordered it. I don’t remember NC well enough to compare them, but I think it’s probably not similar. This Mountain Camp is a bit spicy and sharp. It doesn’t seem as heavy in Latakia as Drucquer & Sons Levant and the Burley is evident in the flavor, subduing the Latakia, I feel. This is just my first impression.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Both fuller strength but, though I haven't yet tried MC, from the specs I'd expect somewhat different proportions, quite different. C&D, like Dunhill, has its own trademark style, and these two blends I wouldn't expect to match much. Again no NC match, but Poplar Camp sounds quite good too.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for the quick review. I think we may be reading the same thread that said that. Poplar camp also sounds interesting. So many blends, so little time.

seanv

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Poplar camp is fantastic. If you like vapers with a lot of perique you will probably love it

okiepiper

Jan 4, 2019
I like Mountain Camp a lot however I would not consider it a traditional English like Nightcap or Levant Mixture. Mountain Camp definitely has a rough edge and a spiciness that others may not like but I enjoy.