PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Been working through blends being a newbie and all got 4 in today haunted bookshop, autumn evening, epiphany and sutliff vanilla custard. I cant discern out the diffrent flavors yet but i much prefer epiphany is there some more exp. Folks that can help me figure out what the ingredients are that i like more from that particular blend?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure, just look on the tobacco pages of online retailers. Here's the epiphany text from PC:
Cornell & Diehl Epiphany is an homage to the original Revelation that was made by Philip Morris and frequently enjoyed by Albert Einstein. The late, noted Burley expert Bob Runowski developed this blend along with Craig Tarler using Nutty Burley as the base, along with sweet Virginias, smoky Latakia, and zesty Perique. Decidedly old fashioned in flavor, this easy-smoking blend is finished with a dark fruit note that perfectly compliments the tobaccos. For a real trip down memory lane, try C&D's Epiphany.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
So out of those is the latakia that would stand out most to a new pipe smoker?

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
As a relatively new pipe smoker and a complete newbie to Epiphany (had my first bowl just yesterday), to me the latakia was certainly the most discernable leaf within the blend.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
If, out of those you prefer the Epiphany, you probably like the Latakia.
Most new smokers, gravitate toward Latakia blends, myself included. I'm far from a veteran smoker, but after three years, I still love Latakia mixes. They burn cool, and taste awesome. My palate is starting to broaden, and I can pick out more flavors than I could a year ago. I'm also appreciating Virginias, Va/Pers, and Burleys more and more, but Latakia is still my major staple.
This is probably the case with you too.
That said, you will probably want look for other Latakia mixtures, also known as English/Balkan blends. There are a ton of Latakia blends out there.
My personal favorites are:
Dunhill My Mixture 965

GLP Westminster

C&D Star of the East

GLP Quiet Nights

Dunhill Nightcap

Ashton Artisan's Blend
Find your own favorites and have fun.

teufelhunden

Lurker
Sep 25, 2018
Just tried some epiphany bulk and some sutliff revelation match back to back and actually liked the sutliff better.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Iv got the bulk epiphany i should try and get the sutliff and compare also i liked gaslight it just seemed harsh but it was fresh so i guess it is right im leaning toward latekia thanks guys for all ur experiences and advice

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I love Epiphany. Bulk or tin. I find no difference. It is good for the soul and the mind.

I did smoke Revelation in another era. Epiphany is very, very close to what my memory and taste buds tell me.

Yes, I'm getting a little long in tooth. But in my world, you can't go wrong with Epiphany.

Status
Not open for further replies.