PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some I like are Old Joe Krantz now available in a variety of versions; Billy Budd with cigar leaf and a burley base; Big'n'Burley if you like strong; and Dark Burley, also strong. If you like burley, almost anything with burley C&D offers might please you; they seem to be the creative center for burley blends right now. Seattle Pipe Club does good ones, but not the variety C&D does.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I like Haunted Bookshop. I prefer Va's. It's a nice Virginia mix with some added bottom end for balance. Good stuff.
Billy Bud Blonde is another in the rotation.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite C&D blend is tin only (Bayou Morning Flake). In bulk, Bayou Morning, Yorktown, and Star of the East Gold are decent. I will probably splurge on a few of their blending components that, are usually of high quality.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
If you like latakia blends, the 2 I enjoy the most are Red Odessa and Stratfordshire. Odessa is good too. It is burley-based while RO is virginia-based, which I currently prefer. Bayou Morning is good.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Three Friars is my favorite C&D bulk, and easily one of my favorite tobaccos ever. It doesn’t get a lot of mention on here, but I think it’s a seriously underrated blend. As MSO will tell you, C&D are the best at Burley blends, and Tree Friars is, to me, the best of the bunch.
Old College and Epiphany are great lightly topped Latakia blends, and Yorktown is a stellar straight VA.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I've been working on keeping TAD at Bay but if I was taking advantage of the sale:

Pegasus, Big n Burley

Status
Not open for further replies.