C&D bulk favorites?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

dochudson

Preferred Member
May 11, 2012
Going to order a few since SP has them on sale.

Give me your top 3 or 4 blends..

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Some I like are Old Joe Krantz now available in a variety of versions; Billy Budd with cigar leaf and a burley base; Big'n'Burley if you like strong; and Dark Burley, also strong. If you like burley, almost anything with burley C&D offers might please you; they seem to be the creative center for burley blends right now. Seattle Pipe Club does good ones, but not the variety C&D does.

briarbuck

Preferred Member
Nov 24, 2015
I like Haunted Bookshop. I prefer Va's. It's a nice Virginia mix with some added bottom end for balance. Good stuff.
Billy Bud Blonde is another in the rotation.

Drucquers Banner

dcon

Preferred Member
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite C&D blend is tin only (Bayou Morning Flake). In bulk, Bayou Morning, Yorktown, and Star of the East Gold are decent. I will probably splurge on a few of their blending components that, are usually of high quality.

irishearl

Preferred Member
Aug 2, 2016
If you like latakia blends, the 2 I enjoy the most are Red Odessa and Stratfordshire. Odessa is good too. It is burley-based while RO is virginia-based, which I currently prefer. Bayou Morning is good.

haparnold

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2018
Lexington, KY
Three Friars is my favorite C&D bulk, and easily one of my favorite tobaccos ever. It doesn’t get a lot of mention on here, but I think it’s a seriously underrated blend. As MSO will tell you, C&D are the best at Burley blends, and Tree Friars is, to me, the best of the bunch.
Old College and Epiphany are great lightly topped Latakia blends, and Yorktown is a stellar straight VA.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I've been working on keeping TAD at Bay but if I was taking advantage of the sale:

Pegasus, Big n Burley

Drucquers Banner