PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My wife often describes our 12 year old Kiger mustang as being big and burly. She is not affiliated with C&D, nor holds a degree in marketing, but we can both concur that whoever summoned up this blend name is nothing short of a marketing genius. It is aptly named, for sure, and coincidentally, about the same color as our horse.

This is the fourth C&D blend I have tried, and in terms of packing a punch, this one is the clear winner. Took a flame very easily, and required only one relight, which is always pleasant. No moisture at the end, which surprised me since I tend toward the faster end of the puff speed spectrum. I like this as a seasonal blend, when I want something more than a one-dimensional aromatic, yet milder than a full on English blend. I enjoyed Canal Boat a little better than B&B; however, I would recommend this to any beginner cycling through a few different aromatics desiring something a little different.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've been working on a pound I bought in August 2014. Even with 6 + yrs of age it's still carries a nicotine punch, but is alot smoother. I might smoke a bowl once every 2 or 3 months and only in a small bowl. It's a morning smoke for me because if I smoke it late in the evening I can't get to sleep.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I have tins of BNB along with HB and OJK. They share a powerful Nic punch but they are all quite tasty.

Pegasus I enjoy, but it too can sneak up on me and can be harsh blown through the nose. I never want to fight a tobacco.

I’ve learned to savor the mild flavor blown through the nose of, well... you know.

Enjoyed back to back bowls today of well...you know and, “you know” had me feeling quite satisfied in the Nicotine department. Truly enjoyable smoke today.

I guess what I’m saying is I’ don’t reqiuire the level of nicotine BNB or OJK delivers but I agree they are beautifully blended tobaccos.

I regularly retrohale and the nose tingle to outright burn that many so called high end blends give me fights my enjoyment.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I love burley but this one did not get me too excited. I am spoiled with OJK however. Not a bad smoke by any means however.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
TAD never sleeps. I'm not a huge burley fan but have many pounds of it in various blends. In spite of that, I'm seriously considering ordering some of this. A pound to make it worthwhile, right?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
My wife often describes our 12 year old Kiger mustang as being big and burly. She is not affiliated with C&D, nor holds a degree in marketing, but we can both concur that whoever summoned up this blend name is nothing short of a marketing genius. It is aptly named, for sure, and coincidentally, about the same color as our horse.

This is the fourth C&D blend I have tried, and in terms of packing a punch, this one is the clear winner. Took a flame very easily, and required only one relight, which is always pleasant. No moisture at the end, which surprised me since I tend toward the faster end of the puff speed spectrum. I like this as a seasonal blend, when I want something more than a one-dimensional aromatic, yet milder than a full on English blend. I enjoyed Canal Boat a little better than B&B; however, I would recommend this to any beginner cycling through a few different aromatics desiring something a little different.
If a straight burley and virginia sounds appealing to you, try Burley Flake #2...I smoke a lot of it...real ball twister and what I think is perhaps C&Ds strongest nearly pure burley blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.