PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D started in Pennsylvania, a real mom and pop outfit, and eventually moved to Morganton, N.C., before the couple retired and sold their operation to Laudisi the owner of SP in South Carolina. C&D elevated burley from a base for codger blends to a base and condiment for a wide variety of blends. And SP has kept the tradition alive and thriving.

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
C&D started in Pennsylvania, a real mom and pop outfit, and eventually moved to Morganton, N.C., before the couple retired and sold their operation to Laudisi the owner of SP in South Carolina. C&D elevated burley from a base for codger blends to a base and condiment for a wide variety of blends. And SP has kept the tradition alive and thriving.
I enjoy many of their blends

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jeremy at SP took on the C&D blends and has done a commendable job of maintaining the old blends and doing some new ones. He has an interesting biography of wandering into his career as a blender with a little encouragement from his wife. He really understands the essence of these blends and how to source the tobaccos and assemble the blends. Few (if any?) of the senior blenders from Morganton, N.C. were able to relocate, so I worried about that when the blending moved further south, but was pleased and a little amazed that things turned out well. I think tweaking the Old Joe Krantz series from one to three or four blends is an example of that, that has won a lot of converts.

Their Habana Daydream has been my go to blend for about a year now. I prefer it fresh, no age at all, and just smoke a pound out if the bag till it is gone.

I used to be a Virginia man till McClelland went tits up. And, since I cant stand what Europeans do to Virginias, most of my favorites now are C&D blends. Too many to list.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
That's a fantastic blend. I have only smoked a tin of it, but it was great. ...iirc they have it in the big, 8oz. can -seems like a good investment. Welcome!

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
Their Habana Daydream has been my go to blend for about a year now. I prefer it fresh, no age at all, and just smoke a pound out if the bag till it is gone.

I used to be a Virginia man till McClelland went tits up. And, since I cant stand what Europeans do to Virginias, most of my favorites now are C&D blends. Too many to list.
Agreed on the Habana Daydream. It's been a while since I've pulled this out, but I think I will grab a tin to throw in my truck for work tomorrow. :)

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri

I’m a big fan of Seersucker and have been leaning towards cigar leaf blends in general these days (e.g. BW’s “Country Lawyer”). I’m planning to order some Habana Daydream next time around. Glad to hear someone here appreciates it.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore