PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rastislav

Lurker
Oct 27, 2019
Hello, I have a general question. As we all know, certain tobaccos available overseas are very difficult to procure in one’s own country due to the myriad of restrictive laws and other legal liabilities. For instance, being in the US, most of Europe is out of bounds for buying tobacco. There are ample stocks of Samuel Gawith, Sillems, in EU stores just to name a few. Is there anything like establishing contacts across the pond to buy and ship Product for we in the US for instance? I did see a site called Grabr that sounded like such purchasing and shipping could be done. Any opinions or recommendations are appreciate.
Thank you.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hello, I have a general question. As we all know, certain tobaccos available overseas are very difficult to procure in one’s own country due to the myriad of restrictive laws and other legal liabilities. For instance, being in the US, most of Europe is out of bounds for buying tobacco. There are ample stocks of Samuel Gawith, Sillems, in EU stores just to name a few. Is there anything like establishing contacts across the pond to buy and ship Product for we in the US for instance? I did see a site called Grabr that sounded like such purchasing and shipping could be done. Any opinions or recommendations are appreciate.
Thank you.
I have the very same problem except I’m in Britain looking for American tobacco. We have ridiculous taxes on baccy over here and 50g , less than two oz, is around £16-20 ($25-30+) so you’d be better off if you can source it somewhere in the the US.
I lived there (Chicago and Portland Or) for twenty years and coming back to Britain was the biggest mistake of my life. And not just because of the tobacco prices, I’d kill for a Monte Cristo sandwich right now and some Oregonian micro brews.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Bird- No where can a Monte Cristo sandwich be found? Could you not make your own

On a more important front are you a BHA fan?
I could but it’s not the same as sitting in a good diner with limitless coffee (no such thing over here). As for the football I actually prefer the American game. I’m more of a rugby fan over here and then only international games. Most folks around here are BHA fans though.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I have a shipping biddy in the UK but product there has become so expensive it is not worth it to me at this point. It was a great run but $200 USD for a 500g box of G&H before shipping I have to tap out.
It’s amazing how relative prices are. I’d gladly pay that for a 500g box if I could walk down the road and grab it here. Heck I’d even redirect my $1nz a day from world vision to TAD.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
When I lived in the States my Samson Dutch rolling tobacco was $7.25 for two ounces, the last pack I brought here in Britain cost me £27, almost forty dollars. And that was just 50g and you didn’t get free papers with it either. You can’t even get it anymore.

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.