PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a new stem for a Butz-Choquin pipe? I could certainly use Tim West but my last repair with him took nearly a year (albeit lovely work). Looking to get the CC stem if possible. Thanks

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I just ordered a Butz Choquin from smokingpipes.com, maybe if you email them they could order you a new stem?

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Spencer, a member of the forum, georged, does stunning work. I had him make 3 new stems for some old estates I found and the man is a artist! The link to my thread about that is below it has before and after pictures. Plus ask any forum member about georged and you will get the same answer. His prices are very reasonable, if it were me I would contact georged about this.
georged excellent work example.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The advantage of a factory pipe is that a stock stem is a possibility. It could have a slight misfit, but could slide right in place and be the perfect size. I'd give all the information possible, everything on the stamp, when and where you bought it, style name and shape number, finish, and style of stem, so you minimize the chance of a near miss. Smokingpipes, Iwan Ries, or one of our other larger online retail sponsors could probably help you, but I'd phone rather than email and work with someone who gives their name. If it comes to that, there are pipe repairmen who work more quickly than others, and if you need one, ask around. Forums members can supply many.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Hi Spencer,
Below is a link to his oldish website. He has reached the point where he no longer needs a website. If your lucky someone tells you about the Wizard and your problems are solved. Or at least that is my story and I am sticking to it! So the link goes to his old site not sure how much updating if any is done for the site. I recommend sending him a PM, he has always been very good at answering his PMs for me. Happy puffing!!
georged website

Status
Not open for further replies.