PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
c7cd5aad89217fdb1f9cf55d858e6931.jpg

There has been some posting on this site about BC "painted" pipes burning hot. This is an especially beautiful piece in my collection and one that has proven to be among my best smokers. It's no hotter than any other pipe in my rotation and provides a consistently pleasant smoking experience. Any responses from other BC owners?

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
What a beautiful pipe.!!!!

I have a couple of Butz-Choquin pipes and do not find that they smoke any hotter than any of my other pipes.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That is a very attractive pipe. I have a couple of BC's and they smoke very well. My formula is red and I have not had any issues with it. Enjoy it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't have a painted pipe, but I have a BC Caprice 1304 bent billiard, and it smokes nice and cool. The bowl

isn't particularly thick, and I think it is rusticated though it looks like a blast. It has a thin silver colored band

and a raspberry stem, and Forums may be a little tired of hearing about it, but it's a good pipe.

hedgehog

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2013
Very glad to hear it smokes well. I had a couple of BCs a while back, one of them a meerschaum-lined billiard, if I remember right which I probably don't. Lately I've been thinking that maybe there's a lot of undiscovered goodness in the world of French pipes. Sebastien Beo has tempted me mightily lately, for instance. You've encouraged me to take another look at Butz-Choquin. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.