PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I'm starting my morning with a cup of coffee and checking emails. Good news fellas, I just won a massive financial settlement in Nigeria. Looks like I am $189m richer this morning!
Congratulations on the windfall. That's a nice chunk of change for sure.

Likewise, I'm starting the day with a cup or 2 and some burley/virginia, before I drive the kids to school. There's some GH Kendal Flake drying on a paper plate in the kitchen, just waiting to be loaded up into a meerschaum - my first taste of this blend and I'm a little bit excited. Not real excited (like maybe winning $189,000,000} because I just got up, but excited none the less. Anyway, good morning everyone.

Mis Pipas

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
I like a good Virginia Burley mix myself. occasionally. If yopu have access, you should try C&D Briar Fox.

But, I have to ask... are you using Google translator? What is your first language?
I'll buy Briar Fox, thank you for your suggestion.

SPANISH is my mother tongue - YES i'm using G. translator How you know ?:LOL:;)

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
The only one I've tried recently that I did not care for as much is Peterson's University Flake. I found the added flavoring a bit too strong. I do enjoy Irish Flake.
I greatly enjoyed University Flake, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that the tin I have was opened several years ago and kept on a shelf, untouched.
I was surprised to still feel a tiny bit of moisture in it, and I assume most of the flavoring has evaporated, so the top note is very subtle and very interesting

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
My favorite VA/Bur blends right now are:

C&D Oak Alley
Gawith, Hogarth & Co.: Best Brown #2

The only one I've tried recently that I did not care for as much is Peterson's University Flake. I found the added flavoring a bit too strong. I do enjoy Irish Flake.

Okay that’s enough! Everyone stop posting blends I haven’t tried. Do y’all realize how much trouble I’m liable to get in with SWMBO?

:LOL:

ETA: In honesty, Oak Alley and University Flake have been on the list. I’m going cellaring deep with those I know I like :)

Mis Pipas

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Holy Land
Okay that’s enough! Everyone stop posting blends I haven’t tried. Do y’all realize how much trouble I’m liable to get in with SWMBO?

:LOL:

ETA: Oak Alley and University Flake have been on the list. I’m going cellaring deep with those I know I like :)
SWMBO? money is the meaning ? or something else ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.