PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I have a burgeoning love affair with Burley as of late. If y'all could chime in on your Burley favorites as if late I would appreciate it.
Tobac Manil has been getting most of my attention lately.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Solani aged burley flake, but lately I too have been partial to the MacBaren.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The C&D menu is full of blends with burley that take full advantage of the many varieties, so just shop to find your own favorites. Yes, Tabac-Manil Semois, the Belgium variant is one of my all-time favorites. Daughters & Ryan does good things with burley. Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is burley based, has Virginia as a condiment, and is flavored with three liqueurs, if you venture into aromatics. Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and Edward G. Robinson are classic old tobacco-forward burley based aromatics. At least sample C&D's Big'n'Burley and Dark Burley, both available in bulk.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Billy Budd, with cigar leaf, is one of my all-time favorites, burley based, and the original Old Joe Krantz as well. With C&D, you have a whole playground of burley based and burley inclusive blends that is each unique. Burley tended to be an over-the-counter codger tobacco until C&D came along and made it a star.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Mac Baren HH Burley Flake , fully rubbed out.

+1. This became an instant favorite the first time I smoked it. My cellar was pretty well finished when it came out, but I immediately ordered a bunch. It is also my favorite for. Reading in new pipes since McClelland left the market.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
+2 MacBaren HH Burley Flake
Not a huge burley fan but this is the perfect burley blend for my taste. I however like mine fold and stuffed for a generous smoke of 45 minutes.
I've tried C&D Redburn. Not too bad, but I think with some age it will mellow greatly. I still smoke it from time to time.
Hmm, perhaps I'll have a bowl at lunch time.

teajeat

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
C&Ds OJK, Haunted Bookshop, Pegasus, and Junkyard Dog (my favorite)

Never tried Semois, but hope to someday.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
My cart is now full of Burley blends, thanks for the suggestions!
I love the way this hobby drags you down different paths.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
Prince Albert and Carter Hall! I will keep fighting the losing battle here, but I still think they are overlooked, underrated, and perfectly fine Burley blends.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
C&D Billy Budd, with cigar leaf,Prince Albert and Carter Hall! And a HUGE YES to Cornell & Diehl: Old Joe Krantz...

Status
Not open for further replies.