Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I was Watching the idiot box and the goldern arches had an ad for a kiwi burger. its basically a big mac with beetroot and egg. Anyway i was wondering do other countries do this?

B.T.W its really good on a homemade burger.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
So I am wondering if they do a localised thing you know like a mushy pie and piemaccas for the brits etc :D

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I actually recommend it unc A nice greasy pattie, lettuce, cheese two slices of beetroot and a soft fried egg. on a toasted bun. :worship:

Oh and onions, tom sauce heaven in heart attack :laughat:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Here in Texas we have something like 4 of the 10 fattest cities in the US. We just like our burgers with more bacon, cheese and meat than should be consumed in a week by most small families.
Oddly, McNasty is releasing a Texas Burger in Japan.
BK did run a "Texas Double Whopper", a 1050 calorie burger.
I eat at a local chain here in North Texas called JC's Burger House. It is unparallelled in Burger goodness.

Jul 15, 2011
I dont know if anyone here has ever eaten at Meatheads, but they offer a quality burger at great prices, plus they give you a metric ton of hand cut fries, and, as an added bonus, they consider an extra beef patty a topping! Score!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hamburgers are one of the best inventions ever! I had one for lunch yesterday and now I want another one because of this thread.
The only localized menu item I've experienced at McDonald's would be the Lobster Burger in Maine. When I travel overseas, I usually avoid American chains in order to experience the local places.
Do you know what they call a Big Mac in France?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Baron, I'd like to point out that the article you linked was from 2009 and FORMER NYS Governor David Paterson (Blind POS) was the moron behind that fiasco. Thank god it mostly failed.
Kevin, if my memory of Pulp Fiction serves, it is Le Big Mac... And a quarter pounder with cheese is a Royale with cheese.
-Jason

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
In Costa Rica where I grew up, they serve beans and rice (the staple food) and fried chicken at all the fast food joints. Plus, all of them are 2 stories high and the ones like KFC and Taco bell have kids play places too. I've never seen that here stateside. 8O

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
McD's in Kuala Lumpur had a surprisingly tasty pepper sundae when I last visited--vanilla soft-serve with a sweet & HOT red pepper sauce. Also a "people's burger" that was a pork patty and some sort of sweet & sour sauce. Thailand has the McPork. In Laos you can buy drugs at the counter (perhaps a non-sanctioned activity).

While I'm not a fan of McD or any behemoth chain, I do enjoy seeing the localized take on cuisine once it's been through a corporate think tank.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think I've only had McDonald's like once in the last six months. Been trying to lose weight and eat better. Now if I have a burger out I usually hit Carl's Jr. and get the 480 calorie turkey burger or I'll spoil myself at Landry's (it's a seafood place that has the best burgers in Vegas). Not sure what a Vegas burger would be. Maybe a pattie, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and a bankruptcy notice on a seasame seed bun.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
lol, bankruptcy note...
In Hong Kong, I stopped into a Pizza Hut, and found a few odd toppings...salmon comes to mind. Here in B.C., we've got a chain called White Spot, much better than anything that McDonalds or Wendy's has to offer. They still do the old-style car-hop service, where you park out back and they bring a tray out to your car (or, if you choose, you can eat inside/take-off).
Fried eggs belong on burgers!

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I tend to hit any decent hamburger joint no matter where I go. We have an In and Out buger in town plus an old fashioned Burger spot called Super Burger. The burgers are big, flame cooked to specific temperature. I always order mine with blue cheese and bacon!

Status
Not open for further replies.