PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I, for one, am a fan of these so I thought I'd post a few comments (not reviews) of my thoughts on some specific blends.
Sutliff Sunset Rum: This one actually doesn't really do much for me. It's mild and sweet but doesn't have much going on.
Sutliff Buttered Rum: This one has a nice rum to it and I can taste the "buttered" component. It's pretty good for what it is.
Sutliff Spiced Rum: This one is my favorite so far. Richer than the others, creamy, and has a nice savory spiciness to it. Best tin note of them all and an excellent room note according to the innocent bystanders on my back patio. My wife and her friends all seem to actually enjoy the room note.
Sutliff Rum Raisin: Haven't tried this yet but looking forward to it. With the raisin and Turkish components I'm hoping it will kinda like be a poor man's Balkan? (Yes I put the question mark there on purpose.)
Russ' Bold Rum: New and already on back order. Just waiting for a notification so I can get some.
I'll post up when I try the last two.
Anyone else try these or any others worth mentioning? Any thoughts?

Jan 8, 2013
Sutliff's Barbados Plantation is actually quite good as well. Very moist though.
Edit to add: Not sure if that one comes in bulk though.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I'm a big fan of rum flavored aromatic tobaccos. Haven't tried any on your list but some I've really like that are currently available are:
Boswell Rum River

Decatur Dark Sweet Rum

GH&C Rum Flake

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake

Milan "Our" London Dock, Jefferson Street, & Sunset Rum

Uhle's Marquette Blend
Wilke Rumcake - heard lots of good things about it but haven't tried it - it's awaiting its turn sitting jarred in the cellar

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Queen Anne's Revenge (the name of Blackbeard's flagship) is off the beaten track and pretty good.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
You guys inspired me to pop open my Belmont Station. Very good blend. The rum and vanilla interplay with each other. Faint wisps of cherry come through occasionally. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.