PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
About 20 years ago I was helping clean up the cigar humidor at a local B&M and found a few 5lb bags of bulk tobacco. They were going to be tossed so I took them. One was MacBaren's Mixture which I liked very much and I vacuum packed into mason jars. Another was Red Cake, all gone now. The last bag I seem to remember being marked McClellands No 2. I still have 4 jars of that left but haven't smoked it in years, don't remember liking it when I first tried it. Definitely uncased.

Since then I have done several Google searches for McClelland's #2 with no luck. Anyone familiar with it or did I mislabel it?

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I'm thinking you mislabeled it. McClelland had some bulk blends that started with a No 2 . . . but they were 2000, 2010, 2015, 2020, and so on. They also had some tinned blends that were called No. 22, No. 24, No. 27, etc.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Is it a flake, ribbon or what? Did you smoke a couple of bowls to taste it? Shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. You can go to tobaccoreviews.com and see all the McClelland Blends that were made. That may help you narrow it down. Bottom line, smoke some. If you like it, smoke it until it is gone. My taste buds are the only knowledge I really care about at the end of the day.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.