PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
On the 6th of January of this year I have bought from SP what I believed to be their last bulk pound of SG GrouseMoor. Checking the website about a week ago I noticed that GrouseMoor was no longer in their bulk listing.
About 15 minutes ago I placed an order for 8 tins of GrouseMoor with Smoking Pipes ( bought them out again ) and my fears were confirmed. As per the gentleman I spoke with, and whose name escapes me, they have discontinued the BULK offering because the importer has discontinued it. No idea whether the folks at Sam Gawith were going to only pack it in tins, or the tins would also dissapear.
Hopefully Sam Gawith will continue to produce this awesome, controversial, unique 200 year old Mixture.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I'm sure the blend will stick around, it's been around for so long! It is somethig different of which I have had a few bowls. Definitely worth having a tin around.
Maybe just not enough demand for the bulk?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
just not enough demand for the bulk
Possibly, although I believe they never kept more than a few pounds on hand, and it would sell out quickly. AFAIK only SP and PC were offering the bulk version, both in Mixture and Plug form ( which sadly I never tried ).

Status
Not open for further replies.