PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm absolutely without a doubt hooked on the stuff. I know you can't buy it in bulk, but is there something VERY similar that can be purchased in bulk and that comes in a similar coin shaped format?

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
without the centers, as cosmic suggests, ps lbf does come close...not quite as peppery or as full, but close.

jimbo44

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
Peter Heinrichs' Curly Block is supposedly made on the same machinery but the roll is unsliced.
PHCurlyBlock_zps4f2536d4.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Jim, that photo made me think, how cool if we could by a roll and cut off as much as we want!!! Wait, is that how they actually sell it?!?
Thanks guys!! I'll hit The Briar this afternoon!
That video is really cool! I never pictured people operating machines, but a much more automated process. Interesting!

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
They sell it. Stokkebye Bullseye Flake.
http://www.thebriary.com/Bullseye-Flake_p_179.html

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Just sampled the LBF and it's very good! I can see why you recommended it! It leaves the same taste in my mouth as the escudo. Thanks guys for the advice!! I'll try the rest of the recommendations as well. I'm tempted to buy a couple boxes and age it.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I love Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake, Now I want to try the Euro version to see if it is any different

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Please let me know if it does!! The more I smoke of this stuff the more I love it. I was sceptical, but it's as good and lots cheaper! They don't sell bulk in Europe correct?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
See, I do know my VaPers! :wink: Glad you liked it. After the disappointment of no bulk Escudo, I started buying LBF by the pound. Happy Smoking brother!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got an ounce of Luxury Bullseye Flake for Christmas and fell in love with it. I also bought a tin of Escudo for a friend who loves the stuff, but he said he's stocked up for about six years with tins and told me to wait a year and give it a go. After falling in love with LBF I'm impatiently waiting for Christmas to come this year so I can pop the tin of Escudo.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Lord, I bought pound of it 2 years ago and tried it. Much too green for a pleasureful smoke. I just tapped into it a few weeks ago and I discovered I have Escudo light. Very nice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoy PS Luxury Navy Flake very much, but I can't compare it to Escudo or PS Bullseye. LNF is subtle but

full of flavor, and burns evenly and well.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I prefer LBF to Escudo, it's a different animal in some ways, but maybe that's why I like it. Glad you got to experience it!

phil24

Lurker
May 19, 2014
Check out what the Dagners got from Danish Pipe Shop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dtgq_U8JTQ

Status
Not open for further replies.