PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
By Edgeworth do you guys mean Lane Limited RR? I thought Edgeworth was discontinued, at least the name.

You might like exploring Virginia burley blends. I have found CH to be very light on the aromatic part, but about half way through the bowl, I am tolerating enjoying the Virginia Burley aspect. Check out some of the VaBurs like C&D's Pegasus, Virginia Gentleman, or MacBaren's Golden Extra. This will give you a great introduction to non-aromatics, but you will find some flavors that you may be enjoying in CH.
There's nothing wrong with smoking Carter Hall. Especially if you are homeless and sleeping in your car. :puffy: But, at some point, you might want to sample some of the finer things...

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
+1 on the Edgeworth. I really like Carter Hall, and I've come to prefer Lane's Edgeworth Ready Rubbed as my go-to burley. I've got a few pounds jarred and plan to get a lot more since this will likely go off the market in a few years as a post-2007 blend. My understanding is that Lane was the final company to produce the blend for Edgeworth, so the Lane "match" is really the final iteration of Edgeworth. I've also read criticism that the Edgeworth blended by Lane was not as good as the prior iterations of the blend, sort of like how Dunhill blends were in fact blended by a lot of different companies at different times, and some were supposedly better than others.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Alexj52: Sutliff makes a Match Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in bulk only. I recommend it and Lane's RR as well.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
4noggins ships discretely.
It does.
A big thanks to whoever recommended me 4noggins.
They managed to conceal the tin in a way that it passed through the customs here in Brazil with no taxes (importing tobacco is prohibited here).
I'll keep buying from 4noggins.

hey managed to conceal the tin in a way that it passed through the customs

After having publicly posted that, it probably won't happen much more than that.
On another thread I showed that if you googled how to get tobacco past customs, this site is the first one on the list. That means that anyone, anywhere can see these posts and find them easily in a search. It's pretty stupid to post it publicly, and unless Kevin has changed it, it used to be a rule here, not to discuss ways to beat shipping laws or taxes.
If a mod has to fix this thread, delete my post too.

Status
Not open for further replies.