PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
So while I have been accumulating pipes and tobacco I decided it was time to get myself a pipe rack but I wanted to build my own. Although living is Japan is fun it can make everyday things rather difficult. I have no space whatsoever to make anything in, no tools, getting the right material would be difficult and frankly I don't have the skills. Luckily, my girlfriends father owns his own carpentry business and had everything!
I am really pleased at how it came out. Actually I am delighted. The wood used was White Ash so it's quite heavy but the grain is absolutely beautiful. The only downside was I didn't actually get to build much of it. The machinery used was all heavy duty stuff that I really had no business around but he did let me stain and put a clear coat on. It took 7 hours to finish but it was a day well spent and some good bonding time with us men while the ladies went out shopping.
Almost done!

Letting the last coat dry.

Got her back home and filled her up! That last spot is for a Meerschaum I plan on buying next month.

If you guys have any questions on it feel free to ask!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Wow, that look very professional and quality. Great job, enjoy it and let us know if you decide to make more and sell them!

blackhat84

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2014
i dont like you !!! naaaahhh , truth is its a great job , do you the plans for it , might aswell try doing one myself :worship:

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I wish I could say thank you but my girlfriends father did 99% of the work. I mostly just stained it.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
@blackhat Sorry didn't see your comment. I'll post the plans after I get off work

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013

Here are the plans. But the bar for where the pipes rest on was moved to 9 CM instead of 10 CM. The measurements are also just from inside edge to inside edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.