PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
For whatever reason, I have noticed that some "Old Regulars" that posted a lot have moved somewhere else it seems, but tonight noticed that some of the best "Old regulars" are still here.

Thank you.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This forum isn't really any different than any other on the internet. Many times those who post regularly for a while lose interest. Some move on to other sites. It's a very cyclical thing. I can now count on two hands the members who are still here and post from when I joined over three years ago. It's sad, but at the same time it keeps the discussions fresh as new members bring something new to the table.
I know for my part, I've been way more busy with life and don't get on every night like I used to. Since my wife went back to school, a lot of the responsibilities that we shared on any given night are more on my shoulders now. Which is how I want it. She needs to focus on school, so I'm happy to pick up the slack. It just means my time for recreational activities is lessened.
Just my thoughts...
-Jason

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I sometimes get side tracked and won't be on for a few days. Not sure if I can be considered a regular yet. However I doubt I will be posting on others really. I have joined another forum, but tend to lean towards this one more for posting.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've been on here nearly every day for the better part of a year now. But in my short time here, I've seen a few come and go. It is sad to see some of them go, but I agree with Jason, it's nice to have some fresh topics from some of the newer members.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Jason's spot on. People come and go. This is a pipe forum, out there is real life. New people join, things stay fresh with their enthusiasm, and on we go.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I love this forum and it has been a godsend during these very slow winter months. As for people, well they come and go. I myself will go quiet when business picks. Right now I have more time to devote as we have no clients wanting to sue the universe!

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I'm relatively new here and - as a Brit - in the minority. I really enjoy the banter; some of it is laugh-out-loud hilarious, parts are profound, most is exceptionally helpful and all is truly well-meaning. I love that I can learn so much and share a hobby with folk so far away. I find this site is far more professional than the others I've seen and easier to use. The articles are interesting and well-written and I too have bought from vendors that advertise here. An all-round success.
Andy

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I come in here most everyday and reply or post I'm also a member at PSF and love both sites. :puffy:

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I'm here because this is the best of the forums. Look where the advertisers are. I also belong to some other forums, but this is the one I come to most often, the information is the best, the most complete and the most up-to-date.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
This is my one and only forum that is worth checking out. I ususally check out once a day. But may not post for weeks. I just go in spurts.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have seen it before. Even my own interests have changed over the years. I am still a somewhat active member of a Ford Mustang fan website (I even still moderate at times)but I only visit about 2-3 times a week. But I have been a member since 1999. 8O

I am also coming here slightly less than before, which is still a lot. With spring around the corner I assume most of us will find other activities.

I much more enjoy doing things like pipe shows rather than looking at pictures on the net, but it is what it is.

I still thank Kevin for keeping the site up a running, its like an old friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.