PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Does anyone know if there is a difference between these and does either really contain cigar leaf?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Most definitely. I want to run off and try them both now, but both are very powerful leaf. The Brown No. 4 has a warmer taste where the Brown Irish brings more of the dark fired flavor to the front, from memory.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I have only had the black rope, and since that was too strong for me on its own I decided to leave the brown ropes alone! might revisit now though...

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
The Brown No. 4 has a warmer taste

"warmer" is a great description. I never thought of it quite like that, but there was a certain roundness to the Brown #4 that I could never adequately describe. I do enjoy it and now you've got me craving it, but I do prefer the brown Irish X and its' "In your face" smooth flavor.
**Edit** Forgot about the Cigar leaf part of the question. I don't think either one does. At least not to my taste.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I have only had the black rope, and since that was too strong for me on its own I decided to leave the brown ropes alone! might revisit now though...

But you smoked cotton ball twist which is brown and stronger than almost anything, and you almost puked on my deck. The brown bogie isn't as strong as cotton ball.

To answer the question of does it contain cigar leaf? Well according to the websites that sell it they don't, according to tobaccoreviews which is really unreliable brown #4 does. I would say that it doesn't even though I haven't tried it. What I think it is, is the wrapper, which does have a cigar like taste. Which brings the question what exactly is cigar leaf? Why it's simply a type of tobacco and there are several different kinds of cigar leaf, which is simply different kinds of tobacco. Brown bogie has that cigarish kind of taste a bit but that is the dark fired wrapper. Unless you're looking for an extremely strong smoke, at first I found this stuff to be too strong for my liking, but after a while I've grown very fond of it. It's just pure unadulterated tobacco taste. It definitely has cigar like notes to it, but this is a strong smoke not for the beginner.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I love both and found them similar in taste so I created this post. I actually dont find them that strong in taste or nicotine. I find them pillow(y) smooth and tasty . As far as nicotine goes it does not make me sick where as blends high in perique like Exclusive or Nightcap can make me nauseous.

Status
Not open for further replies.