PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dwray

Lurker
Jan 10, 2016
Three Rivers, Michigan
Can a tenon be replaced and or fixed. I have a Comoy's pipe that I loved smoking until the tenon broke off and in two. One side of the tenon disintegrated when pulled from the mortise so could not super glue back on to the piece that is still in the stem. Can the tenon be removed from the stem and a new tenon be inserted?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Can a tenon be replaced and or fixed. I have a Comoy's pipe that I loved smoking until the tenon broke off and in two. One side of the tenon disintegrated when pulled from the mortise so could not super glue back on to the piece that is still in the stem. Can the tenon be removed from the stem and a new tenon be inserted?
yes its fixable.
If you state where you are in the world then suggestions as to who can fix it will be forthcoming

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You will need a better glue than Superglue, though. I would suggest that you review the many part video by @georged on pipe repair. These videos are done by George Dibos and run from 10-25 minutes apiece. George drops by the forum occasionally.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am located in USA Michigan.
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.