PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Sadly my grandfather passed away last night after a year long battle with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. My grandfather was the reason I picked up the pipe to begin with, memories of his house in Montreal as a child with the smell of his favourite tobacco Edgeworth wafting through the house as he played the piano.
He taught me how to be a man and what was important in life. He was married for 65 years, lived a long full life and treasured family above all else. Although his pain has now passed he will be sorely missed.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very sorry for your loss. Your Grandad sounds like he was a wonderful role model. You were blessed to have him and now you can continue in his shoes.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
My condolences to you and your family. He sounds like a wonderful man.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Brian, he sounds like a wonderful man, and it's clear that the two of you shared a great deal of love. May he rest in peace, and may you and your family be comforted in your loss.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
My condolences to you and your family. I also know the sadness you are experiencing as my mom passed away this past Friday April 4th.
Our loved ones will always remain in our hearts, thoughts, mind, and prayers and they are now at peace after a long illness.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very sorry to hear it Brian - your grandad sounds like a great man, please accept my condolences.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The same thing took my mother some years ago.Parkinsons is a slow progressive nasty disease.It's not a good way to go.I'm very sorry for your loss.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thank you all for the kind words. If I can find a picture of him with his pipe I will post it. I appreciate all the comments.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.