PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just read online that Ed James died, our ejames. Not sure about the circumstances, in any case such a sad loss. He was a true craftsman of pipes and tampers, and he and I have been sending stuff back and forth for years. Good bye Ed, may you have many blessed heavenly smokes.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Such sad news, of which we have recently had far too much. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Jan 8, 2013
Oh no. This is sad news indeed. I'll be smoking a pipe in his honor tomorrow as I look through some of his posts here.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What a loss.
One of the kindest and gentlest souls to ever grace this board. A true gentleman if there ever was one and a skilled craftsman. Ozarksouthpaw loved all things Dr. Grabow and he took me under his wing when I showed up years ago with a few DGs in tow. Lefty took me to school on all things DG and I will always be in his debt. When he was active, Ed was also amongst the first to welcome a new member to the forum and please know his welcomes were truly heartfelt.
Ed and everybody's favorite Cajun, Mr. Bradley, became my rabbis here at the Forum. I was neurotic as hell - striving to be a perfectionist at all things pipe smoking and both of these kind gentlemen cooled my jets and taught me so much.
Dave, I've got my eye on the Ozark County Times and their Poplar Bluff obituaries. If you see anything before I do please let me know.
Fnord

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Our ejames? Damn! I remember him posting few months ago that he had to quit smoking. It is very sad news indeed. RIP sir. My condolences to his family and friends.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I don't know what to say, Ed and I loved Mullberry pipes, i had to cut an old one down, saved him a big branch, he made me Mullberry, Strawberry pipes, got him a Special T Shirt to wear at his Dr Grabow gathering, Ex Navy Man, never met him in person, but we clicked, this is so dishearting, Please whomever gets his Obit post it on this Forum, he deserves that. :crying:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, even though I've been on board just a short time, I clearly remember looking forward to reading his posts.
Good and God speed, Ed, and with fond remembrances.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
RIP Mr. James... You were always a gentleman and will be remembered as such. Prayers and warm thoughts for Ed and his family.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Very sad news. Sorry to hear of his passing. He was always a gentleman and a welcome presence on these boards.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Such sad news, condolences to his family. We have lost a wonderful part of the forum and an amazing treasure trove of Grabow information. I always looked forward to his posts and input :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.