Broke Shank From The Bowl... Help Me Find Good Glue!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for cobs - I never smoked cobs (and I was smoking pipe from 20010 to 2013-14), most of my pipes where estate from US eBay (including that pretty sandblasted Commodore and another one that I had left), the visual of cobs never spoked to me.
So after your suggestions guys, I googled cobs only to find out that Missouri Meerschaum is no longer imported in Ukraine and the only option is $3 chinesium cob that looked like crap compared to MM cobs (and youtube guys were NOT recommending chinese cobs). So no cobs for me except I make one myself (just need to find corn in the winter...)

Reactions: scloyd
Nice, I must have missed where someone told you to do that, but that is ingenious. How did you manage to drill the pins to make them line up straight on both sides?

And, I know he was joking, but to set the record straight, I am not a cob hatter or basher. I merely find it humorous that the pro cob gang will put down someone showing off a nice pipe to mention that they could have saved money on a cob. That doesn't seem to happen much any more. So, all of those curb stompings weren't in vain. puffy

Nice, I must have missed where someone told you to do that, but that is ingenious. How did you manage to drill the pins to make them line up straight on both sides?

And, I know he was joking, but to set the record straight, I am not a cob hatter or basher. I merely find it humorous that the pro cob gang will put down someone showing off a nice pipe to mention that they could have saved money on a cob. That doesn't seem to happen much any more. So, all of those curb stompings weren't in vain. puffy

That's a firm hand and a Dremel. They aren't perfectly straight, so I widened hole a little and bamboo is flexible enough to accommodate the slight curve. It's like 1.5mm holes and 1mm bamboo pins - I TURNED them on the lathe, that was FUN:)))) After glue sets in, it locks everything in place.

As for indexing - I made a metal pin with a sharp end put it into one hole and used it to mark the other side. But really I could just use a sharp eye and a thin pencil, results would probably be pretty much the same.

As for cobs no luck for me for now, would be looking for "7 day set" back in stock on MM website. Or, may be... I dunno, shipping from USA is not as expensive as it once was, and pretty quick in about 2 weeks. So I may actually spend some money on a few cobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.