PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Good Evening Gents,

Stopped by a B&M now that stores are actually open in Ontario. New display up for Brigham that I'd never seen before. The line is called "Tundra" and according to the proprietor they were so new they came in earlier in the day.

Have been considering going for a prince shape so I pulled the trigger on this one as it was much more affordable than I assumed.

I like the brown sleeve, the sandblast and it has an acrylic stem which I actually prefer. Of course it also has the rock maple filter system.

Will fire it up likely on the weekend and let you all know how it smokes.

IMG_2743.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_2745.jpg

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Nice pipe. I saw a quick write up about these on the Dads Pipes blog. I have my eyes open but haven't seen any.
Enjoy the new pipe.

Reactions: Spinkle

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I had heard they were about to drop their Tundra line. That's a sweet looking pipe you've got. It's a nice price shape.

Brigham makes a fine pipe. I have a couple and they smoke great. The rock maple filter is pretty decent, if you like filters. If not, they don't open up too much without. Enjoy!

Spinkle

Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had heard they were about to drop their Tundra line. That's a sweet looking pipe you've got. It's a nice price shape.

Brigham makes a fine pipe. I have a couple and they smoke great. The rock maple filter is pretty decent, if you like filters. If not, they don't open up too much without. Enjoy!
I don’t usually use the filters as I love the wide open draw. I started on the pipe with my dads old Brighams not realizing they could take a filter. Love cobs for the same reason.

Reactions: RookieGuy

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I don’t usually use the filters as I love the wide open draw. I started on the pipe with my dads old Brighams not realizing they could take a filter. Love cobs for the same reason.
Same story for me except I inherited mine from my grandfather.
I smoke one almost everyday and I’ve never used a filter- I just don’t see why I would want too?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Do you find the filterless Brighams to have the same draw as cobs or more open?

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I have a few old Brigham's, but that's a fine looking example. Will have to check and see if my local has any new stock. I quite like the filters on wetter smokes or when it's a bit humid.

Spinkle

Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Do you find the filterless Brighams to have the same draw as cobs or more open?
The cobs with the plastic stems are the champ. I think the acrylic stem cobs I have (Charles Towne Cobbler, Freehand) are about equivalent to a filterless Brigham.

I have a few old Brigham's, but that's a fine looking example. Will have to check and see if my local has any new stock. I quite like the filters on wetter smokes or when it's a bit humid.
The owner said they had come in that very day, so probably won’t be long if they aren’t there already.