PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gerald

Lurker
Apr 20, 2021
I've smoked about 15 ounces in my Brigham ( I believe it's a cherry briar pipe) and it is beginning to pit near the top edge. Is there something I need to do here. I saw that some pipes have a limited number of bowls that can be smoked from them. Do I need to retire it soon?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Which is it?? Is it cherrywood or briar?? I've never heard of a briar pipe doing what you describe. Briar pipes will out last it owner several times over if they are cleaned regularly. Must be a cherrywood pipe but I don't have any experience with those but pitting seems a little odd.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've smoked about 15 ounces in my Brigham ( I believe it's a cherry briar pipe) and it is beginning to pit near the top edge. Is there something I need to do here. I saw that some pipes have a limited number of bowls that can be smoked from them. Do I need to retire it soon?
Photos?

Reactions: olkofri

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Oh, another dissatisfied Brigham owner... I've got just the solution for you! Either rusticate or retire, Brigham ain't gonna do diddly squat for ya. I got a Mountaineer 316 and the build quality was less than some basket pipes I own.

Reactions: Gerald