PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I feel like this is a blend that really could use the JimInks style review. I normal don't think that too often. But this is really a delightful blend that has an interesting effect in my opinion. It's base flavor and profile is solid it stays pretty much the same through out this smoke and the next smoke. There is a certain base flavor that reminds me of honestly a high end premium cigarette a pack that cost between five and six bucks in the in the early 90's. However there are so many little nuances that dance around through out the smoke. If I'd compare it the experience of smoking it with food I'd say it's like sampling several different sugar cookies by different bakers. This ones a little more buttery this one is a little more sweet this one has a touch of cinnamon or other spice. But if you like one you'll probably like them all and while obviously different they're still going to be about the same. It's a great blend for when you really just want to smoke and focus on what you're smoking. It is what it sounds like honestly if Camel made a super premium cig it would taste a lot like this. But it's got little bits of hints of flavors that don't ever overwhelm the basic taste but compliment it very well. Also there is just something that makes me happy every time I smoke it. Also it's one of those blends that while I did like it at first I wasn't highly impressed but each time I smoke it there is just another little bit to appreciate and it's just subtle enough to surprise and thrill your palate.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, as well as bringing this blend to the attention of others. I have smoked several tins and a couple of those had over 10 years of age on them. The blend is delicious and ages beautifully.
I've only had two of his blends and they're both two of my favorites. Only tobacco I have that I really savor everytime. This one and Key Largo which I think is even better. However if I reviewed that one it pretty much would just me saying it's great it taste great it smokes great it is great and a tiny little bit about what it's like besides great.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Cairo's just lovely. Dark fruit came rather early with this blend. Usually I don't notice dark fruit for few weeks on Va/Per blends. On first bowl, it was far easier for me to notice the oriental. By third bowl, about a week from first, dark fruit was taking most of my attention. With Va sweetness and fruit, oriental was rather subdued.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Sounds good. I've got a tin or 2 of this in the tobacco trunk but have never tried it. I think I'll dig one out and give it a whirl.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I've been smoking through a 10 year old tin of Cairo. It's radically different from the fresh stuff, which I just like okay. It becomes a real fruit bomb. I can barely detect the orientals. I'll be putting back some more of it for sure.

Reactions: NomadOrb

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I've been smoking through a 10 year old tin of Cairo. It's radically different from the fresh stuff, which I just like okay. It becomes a real fruit bomb. I can barely detect the orientals. I'll be putting back some more of it for sure.
I can imagine. I popped the tin smoked a few bowls and put it in a jar for a few months before checking it out again and it's either noticeably better or I'am just picking up on things I missed the first time. Either way it's pretty interesting and I'd really love to pick Mr. Pease brain about that blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.