PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
If you haven't had the chance to watch this one, I would strongly suggest it...and it even has a pipe smoking scene!

img_4104-600x600.jpg

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
That character is Allen Dulles, director of the CIA.
ALWAYS photographed with a pipe, and usually with what looks to me like a prince, as in the film.
Cannot make out the manufacturer from any pics I've seen, except that I think it's not a Dunhill or anything else that carries a white mark on the stem.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For relatively recent espionage cinema, I really enjoy Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and the series The Assets. Get your paranoid on! Kim Philby is at the diner, semaphoring a contact time to his meet with his cocktail napkin.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Damn good movie.
Upcoming, a TV series (S4) is The Americans, on Wed, 3-16 on FX. (Ch. 248 on DIRECTV®). Even if not a fan of spy flicks, Kerri Russell makes it extra special.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Zack:
Looking forward to "Bridge of Spies" appearing first at Netflix or Redbox.
I will always be sucker punched into a Tom Hanks film. (And here's to hoping against hope he and Spielberg will make that "one" definitive Korean Conflict film casting William Sadler again as Lewis "Chesty" Puller like they did in "The Pacific." Sadler vs. Puller age metrics are pretty close.)
Jpmcwjr, we're big "The Americans" fans in my house and this fourth season could be something special. For those of us who lived through the Cold War, this series really brings it home: great production values, excellent writing, very well acted and timely, if you can get with the over the shoulder look-back.
The Reds were my boogey-man while growing up. I'm grateful that I lived in Midwest, USA during my formative years rather than a 7th Army base in the Fulda Gap.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.