PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
Okay, so I was on my way down to Charleston to see my son graduate from The Citadel. I wanted to stop by a B&M down there as I don't have one close to home. While perusing I found these little gems.
100_3307800x600.jpg

100_3308800x600.jpg

I asked the guy there how long they have been on the shelf. He said about three to four years. So when I got home, I did my research and found out that James B. Russell hasn't imported Rattray's since no later that 2002/3. I asked a friend of mine how old he thought they were and he said probably late 1990's. So I labeled them with the year 2000.
100_3309800x600.jpg

The reviews on these two blends are all over the map. I am looking forward to cracking them open, I just don't know when I will have the courage to do it. Once you crack that seal, that's it. You have to either jar it, or smoke it.
I just thought I would share my find with you, my esteemed colleagues. Yeah, there are still treasures out there to be found. They weren't blended in Scotland, or even England for that matter. But they are still a great find.

Jan 8, 2013
Thats a cool find, regardless. I'd love to find an old tin at my B&M, but sadly, they only stock about 6 tins...

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Great find, Riffraff
I think many of us hunt for B&M's that have that sobranie 759 on the back shelf somewhere, just misplaced or forgotten :)

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
You could do us up a little review once you do get it a go. Get into it, take a few pictures and really enjoy.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
@novicemaker

You could do us up a little review once you do get it a go. Get into it, take a few pictures and really enjoy.
I will indeed. Right now I have way too many open tins that I am going through. I will let it sit for a bit before I dig into it. It has waited this long, it can wait a bit more. Rest assured I will write up a review and post some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.