PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I see you posted in my thread I started a few months ago to inquire about re-releasing these.

I can’t believe that the black is already sold out..... ahhhh :cry:

I was early to post about a possible re-release now slow to buy LOL....

Damm that was insanely fast...

Devil Anse

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2020
California
I see you posted in my thread I started a few months ago to inquire about re-releasing these.

I can’t believe that the black is already sold out..... ahhhh :cry:

I was early to post about a possible re-release now slow to buy LOL....

Damm that was insanely fast...
That sucks man! I can tell you were super excited Hopefully they will keep making them. I contacted Briarworks after I saw it posted from the Mule Town Pipe Show. They said it was all about the price of production and there had to be a lot of interest to mass produce. So I would say they are a hit, they’ll make more no doubt. I didn’t see your thread until today, I wouldn’t have started this one.

Reactions: BROBS and PipeIT

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I know that $45 dollars seems like a lot for a cob but I'm looking at it from this perspective. The planting and harvesting of the raw material, sorting the cobs for this run and shaping said material. Then the cobs are sent to Moonshine to be stained and fitted for what I am sure is a quality stem. New packaging (very nice by the way) and marketing. Lets not forget overhead costs like paying the folks to fill orders. This is a brief description at best for a labor intensive project collaborated by two fine pipe makers. $45 dollars gets you a pipe that will last a lfetime if taken care of. So yeah, I got one and while it's the most I've ever spent on a cob, I think its fair for what went into it. Not a deal, but fair. I will end by thanking MM and Moonshine for answering our request to make this pipe available to their loyal customers. ? Well done.

Devil Anse

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2020
California
I know that $45 dollars seems like a lot for a cob but I'm looking at it from this perspective. The planting and harvesting of the raw material, sorting the cobs for this run and shaping said material. Then the cobs are sent to Moonshine to be stained and fitted for what I am sure is a quality stem. New packaging (very nice by the way) and marketing. Lets not forget overhead costs like paying the folks to fill orders. This is a brief description at best for a labor intensive project collaborated by two fine pipe makers. $45 dollars gets you a pipe that will last a lfetime if taken care of. So yeah, I got one and while it's the most I've ever spent on a cob, I think its fair for what went into it. Not a deal, but fair. I will end by thanking MM and Moonshine for answering our request to make this pipe available to their loyal customers. ? Well done.
Well said! I completely agree, from the pictures they look extremely well made and I’ve no doubt quality control is in effect with these cobs In particular. I’ve found Briarworks/Moonshine to be a high quality company.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
One need not school the man from Iowa on matters of corn! nnnn

View attachment 63619
You ain’t lived ‘til you’ve had Alaska corn. Comes out of the can delightfully pale, waterlogged, and mushy. Mmmmmmmm. If it’s wintered over at the cabin it has an extra gelatinous quality that’ll make you swoon. Literally if you don’t cook it long enough.

Plus that wet fart noise when it slides out into the pot in one big cylinder. Tough to beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.