PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
On tonight’s Pipes Magazine Radio Show we will have an episode succinct on questions, but deep on answers as we eavesdrop on Brian’s Zoom Pipe Club meeting. We will pose two questions, but get answers from several different pipes smokers from varying demographics, geographics and experience with pipes and tobacco. The virtual meeting took place on December 24, 2022. Since we are still in the holiday season, we will continue with holiday music. As usual, Brian will read fan mail and answer listener’s questions.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Zoom-Pipe-Club.jpg

SERGIO

Lurker
Dec 27, 2022
MEXICO
Sergio Castelo in the house 😂 Happy Holydays Brian, I wish I could assist to the 24th zoom meeting but I was cooking a turkey 🦃 I would like to add a comment about tobacco topic, WHEN DID BLENDS IMPROVE TO BE A LUXURY TOBACCO? Myself I don't know that answer because I didn't smoke pipe tobaccos in the 80's and 90's but my humble opinion as an agronomist is this, the agro industry (farming) never stops getting better like the car industry etc or any other specialty, now a days agronomist have lot more better equipments, fertilizers, organic fungicides, sophisticated irrigation systems, compost, drones etc so in my opinion TOBACCO in the field is better than ever now a days, but who makes the difference besides the farming? The TOBACCO BLENDER if the BLENDER has the knowledge and experience doing the whole process without cutting corners, letting the tobacco age properly, etc the end result its going to be exelent I really think the blender makes the biggest difference at the end result. Wine makers know how to grow the grapes properly but if you give the best grapes to a bad Enoologyst the wine blend result it will turn really bad.......... I wish they would be a tobacco blend career like there is to become an Enoologyst where they can share the knowledge from years.....etc THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME RADIO SHOW AMIGO🔥 💨

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Great show Brian,

What a cast of characters you have the pleasure of speaking/seeing on a regular basis. I liked the two question, round robin format. They all gave very thoughtful answers to the second question. Enjoyed your rav as well. Literally, delivering packages and working in retail absolutely rank near the top of absolutely thankless jobs. I hope that these individuals are able to get some time off or that their time on the clock resumes some semblance of normalcy.

Great show,

Jason

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Speaking of sound matching expectation (or not), there's something in play most people are unaware of. The voices of most of the people you hear on TV or radio have been processed to enhance clarity and "understandability" by adjusting compression and EQ, and also by lowering the pitch slightly.

On shows like Brian's, the microphones in phones and computers on the sending end---the people he talks to---are also physically small, which limits how much sound "information" makes the journey to his board in the first place.

The final result is that what the audience hears sounds a bit strange to people who know the interviewee personally.

And then there is special case stuff, like how Brian morphs Pete Rothenberg's lifelong, heavy Boston accent into a New York accent with a DBX-3013-44 processor. Being a loyal, lifelong, hardcore Bostonian, it's really funny to anyone who knows Pete personally, especially since they know Brian's audience is none the wiser because they only know Pete by name.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Great show, Brian. I always enjoy the Zoom Group shows, always a fun listen and I also enjoy hearing from people from all over the globe.

Happy New Year to all our readers & listeners.

Honkytonk Man - Cliff.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Terrific show indeed. I have met half of the guys in the zoom and am aware of the others. The person I know best, George Dibos was the person couldn't place by the sound of his voice.