PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
@Balkisobrains, those are some beautifil pipes! Thanks for the information on Junior 2765, I'm planning to buy a black one from that shape, it is very unique - how would you call that shape? Acorn? :?
I like the Jumbos, Fat Bobs, Ninjas, Meerschaum classic line and also the Sun series. So I have enough to choose from.
But at first, I will start with an unsmoked estate Lovat shape, a Brebbia 7003 Classica Argento. I'm trading in my Peterson bulldog for it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This thread may start a Brebbia revival. I hadn't thought about Brebbie in several years. I may not buy another Italian pipe, but I'll sure notice Brebbia when I spot them. It's like a different brand than when I was shopping them in around 2012. Weird bulging shanks, odd flat little bowls, everything finished in black (not everything but most). I think Brebbia marketing made a wrong turn in the U.S. around that time.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
@mso, I hope that at least some will pay more attention to these nice pipes. I don't know so much about the American pipe market, but I think in Europe they are one of the more known producers - but not among the most popular. Anyhow, their shapes and unique designs bring some colour and variety to the current pipe market on available prices. They are somewhere in the middle with classic shapes, italian designs and some different point of view. Interesting, I would say. I can't wait for my first Brebbia, I will receive it on the next week if everything goes well.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I don't own a Brebbia so I can't speak to how good or bad they are. But, I've seen about every brand of pipe from Ardor to WDC in junktique or antique shops except for a Brebbia.

piperay70

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
I've 5 Brebbias and I love them...good smokers and the simplicity of the form of the bowl pleases me...never owned a Costello and never will...reason for this is simple. In my experience so called expensive pipes are sometimes hyped...I have 2 Dunhills,Astons and I smoke them couple time during longer period of time...Nordings,Chacoms,Big Bens and Brebbias...todays choice for a old man.

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
My contribution to this post

My barn find a Brebbia Diagonale Pura 6010 never lighted, I will have the honor to try it for the first time after end posting

I like the shape and the thick bowl plus the brass accent on the stem give it a nice touch.

I hope you enjoy it
img_20190726_192720-450x600.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
honestly my Brebbia iceberg is my favorite pipe. The thing smokes like a dream if you don't pack it too tightly,

and it's also an incredible beautiful pipe. I get complimented on it all the time for example. But it smokes great. Though it

is the only Brebbia I've ever owned, so as far as accessing the brand?.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Now why the heck does somebody always have to mention the sleeper brands? Let them sleep, my friend, and the good deals will be ours to enjoy!

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
No doubt, don't alert the brebbialess throngs. Best they don't know what they're missing. Let them buy Savs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From this thread, I'd guess Brebbia got the marketing right in Europe but not the U.S. When they did a push in the U.S., they were in their bulging shank phase, and though it was interesting, it didn't promote sales. They've never quite hit their stride here. We're still in the, "Oh, what's that?" phase. They need to show up on one of the major online retailers with a wide selection of pipes and sizes, traditional and a few less traditional, to show off what they can do, with tempting but not low-ball prices. They could still do a break through, so they wouldn't get this kind of thread.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
additionally I love their tobacco blend Allegro it's literally the only aromatic that's in my list of must have on hand tobaccos. Nothing against aromatics they just rarely hit that level of enjoyment for me. That's just a side note. Oh

it isn't one of the black ones. It's one of the "natural" colored ones, and has a mesmerizing grain pattern.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I just ordered this Brebbia from Smoking Pipes, it is a Mara Bianca, which is a limewood stummel finished white, with a Meerschaum chamber. I am anxious to get my hands on it, liking the Author shapes, and being curious about meerschaum chambers:
002-009-3697.8364.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.